Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Don't Wait Till You're Ready

That title probably sounds kind of confusing. Don't wait till you're ready? What does that even mean? Well, in short, it means...

Don't wait till you have everything figured out to start. 


If there's a passion, dream, business, project, mix, or whatever you want to start on, why are you waiting?
We can give ourselves every excuse in the book. I know I have. Before I wanted to start an online mixing business, I came up with a bunch of excuses as to why I couldn't start yet. I didn't have enough gear. I needed better studio monitors. I wasn't skilled enough. There were people in direct competition who were better than me. I don't know what to charge. 

I kept coming up with every excuse. Sometimes we even do this on small things. Maybe you want to start a YouTube channel for your business, but you don't think you have a nice enough camera to start. So what! Start anyways. Use your webcam or your phone. That's what I've done. 

There's an amazing thing that you will figure out by just starting things and not waiting: you learn everything you need along the way. 

You see, the ironic thing is that most of the things we feel we need to have figured out before we start, we can't figure out until we start. That's what is so crazy. Once you put your body and mind into motion, you are forced to figure things out along the way. 

Don't wait till you are ready! 


Are you ready to take your recordings to the next level? Check us out for mixing and mastering services! - http://willsterling.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Recording Room. Powered by Blogger.